- Consumers should continue to use broad spectrum sunscreens with SPF values of at least 15 and other protective measures as directed.
- Unfortunately, when faced with a serious health issue, even the most rational person can be led to believe implausible claims.
News & Events
- February 22, 2019 - Statement from FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D., on efforts to spur development of innovative devices, including new advancements in novel brain implants, that can help patients with paralysis or amputation gain mobility
- February 22, 2019 - Statement from FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D., and Director of FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research Janet Woodcock, M.D., on the FDA’s continuing efforts to maintain its strong oversight of generic drug quality issues domestically and abroad
- February 21, 2019 - Statement from FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D., on additional steps by the agency to support the development of safe and effective novel nicotine replacement therapies to help smokers quit cigarettes
Recent Consumer Updates
Browse by Audience
Updates and information for staying safe and healthy
Learn about other treatments, drug/device approvals, public meetings and more
For Health Professionals
Medical product safety information, adverse event/problem reporting and more
For Scientists & Researchers
NCTR, pediatrics, clinical trials, Critical Path Initiative, foods and veterinary medicine research, and more
Guidance, registration and listing, pay user fees, import programs and more
Perspectives from FDA Experts
This website has been translated to Spanish from English, and is updated often. It is possible that some links will connect you to content only available in English or some of the words on the page will appear in English until translation has been completed (usually within 24 hours). We appreciate your patience with the translation process. In the case of any discrepancy in meaning, the English version is considered official. Thank you for visiting esp.fda.gov/tabaco.